Home > Projects > Fiber Art > Magic Web
printer friendly image
This is a great technique project. I call it "Metallic Threads 101". It introduces the sewer to metallic threads which are used both in the eye of the needle and the bobbin.
The lace fabric is made from scraps of fabric and trims, layered in "Solvy" which is a water soluble product. The lace is cut into a shape when dry, embellished with embroidery and beads and made into a pin.
Another class that uses the "Solvy" is the Kelp Scarf.
- 1 day/ 5 hr.
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisite: none
- Supply list available after class time is determined.
The class fee does not include any supplies, only the teacher's time and the handout. This is a technique project therefore you will not have a completed project at the end of the class.
- A Private Lesson held at my studio for one to three students is held for a minimum of three hours/maximum of six hours. Cost per hour is $20.00 for each student. Estimated total: $60.00/$120.00 per student, this time frame will not allow everything covered in the handout.
- A Group Lesson held at a store or other location for four to seven students will cost $40.00 per student for the group for the 5 hr. day.
- A Group Lesson held at a store or other location for eight to fifteen students will cost $350.00 for the group for the 5 hr. day.
- For further details see Class Terms for Groups.
Clear instructions describe the layering and stitching techniques used to create the lace fabric. Six shapes are given to chose from to make the pin. Instructions are given for the embroidery and embellishment techniques and assembly of the pin.
This booklet is printed in black on colored 8-1/2" x 11" reprographic paper and comes enclosed in a clear, resealable plastic bag.
For a photograph of the completed project, click on the printer image above to print from your system.
$15.00 + shipping & handling (added after you enter contact information during PayPal checkout)
[California residents must pay sales tax]
Back to > Fiber Art > Projects > Home
Supplies available in the Store related to this project are:
Basic Ordering Information
Place Order - Payment Options - Shipping - Privacy - Copyright - Contact