Home > Projects > Embroidery > Ellen Matilda's Rose Garden
Ellen Matilda's Rose Garden
printer friendly image
This project was named after my grandmother and aunt with the same first name. They both loved roses and gardens.
The purse (or pillow) starts with a velvet or silk fabric as the base, which is embroidered with silk ribbon roses and other flowers and leaves. Beads add a magical glimmer to the design.
The project that covers the embroidery skills needed to complete this project is Renaissance of Ribbon Embroidery. Sewing skills will be needed to finish the project.
- 1 day/ 6 hr.
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisite: none
- Supply list available after class time is determined.
The class fee does not include any supplies, only the teacher's time and the handout. This is a technique project therefore you will not have a completed project at the end of the class.
- A Private Lesson held at my studio for one to three students is held for a minimum of three hours/maximum of six hours. Cost per hour is $20.00 for each student. Estimated total: $60.00/$120.00 per student, this time frame will not allow everything covered in the handout.
- A Group Lesson held at a store or other location for four to seven students will cost $48.00 per student for the group for the 6 hr. day.
- A Group Lesson held at a store or other location for eight to fifteen students will cost $350.00 for the group for the 6 hr. day.
- For further details see Class Terms for Groups.
This pattern includes complete instructions for embroidering with silk ribbon and decorative threads, beading on fabric, piecing multiple fabrics, sewing purse and lining, edging the project with cording. Clear line drawings illustrate the construction and finishing techniques that will help you to make this 7-1/2" x 9-1/2" project.
The pattern is printed in black on colored 8-1/2" x 11" reprographic paper and comes enclosed in a clear, resealable envelope.
$15.00 + shipping & handling (added after you enter contact information during PayPal checkout)
[California residents must pay sales tax]
Back to > Embroidery > Projects > Home
Supplies available in the Store related to this project are:
Basic Ordering Information
Place Order - Payment Options - Shipping - Privacy - Copyright - Contact